Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm glad I hitched my apple wagon to your star

===============
Okay, let's face it, I really just wanted to name a post that. I haven't written in a while, no big surprise there, but decided I needed more songs on my player. Here's a cd that I rather enjoyed when I found it, and kept me in rather good spirits. I actually haven't listened to it in a while. Not the deepest most life-altering album, but kind of fun never-the-less. I mean, it's what a band of stuffed animals would sound like if they could (that's what the band is going for, no joke). And yet Pitchfork still liked it. I myself rather enjoyed the artwork, which is what drew me to it initially; aesthetics draw me in like that. They remind me of the artwork my nephew used to give me when he was about 6 (the kid has a gift). Plus, they use the xylophone, and an assortment of random instrumentations, and my favorite is the one with which they start this song out. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the xylophone.

Comments:
this is great
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?